Hello, and welcome to the AIM family – we’re so glad you’re here!
Please take some time to review each of the resources and familiarize yourself with our guidelines.
Academy Of Internet Marketing (AIM) is the go-to place for answers to any questions related to digital marketing and growing your business online. There are designed as place where AIM members can connect, support, and encourage each other as they implement the latest marketing strategies.
These guidelines aim to ensure that Academy Of Internet Marketing is inclusive and inviting to marketers of all skill levels. Admins, which consist of AIM staff, will ensure that member posts and comments are relevant and appropriate. We will take any steps we deem appropriate to ensure that conversations meet the policies described below.
POST/COMMENT MODERATION POLICY
You may be asked to edit your post or comment due to reasons of clarity, offensive content, unlawful or threatening content, or promotional content.
Depending on the severity and frequency of any offending content, you may not be notified that your post or comment has been removed. If AIM feels that an issue needs to be addressed, the manager will notify you privately.
Contributors may NOT make posts or comments that:
Are threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, harassing, offensive, etc – or are in any way considered promotional.
We do not allow content posted in Academy Of Internet Marketing to be collected, repackaged, and/or shared outside of the group (this includes asking members to take a survey for market research purposes).
Every member of Academy Of Internet Marketing has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, answers, and experiences remain privy to group members only.
ON JOB LISTINGS
The purpose of Academy Of Internet Marketing is for peer-to-peer support related to digital marketing and growing your business online. It is not a group for finding hired help.
We respectfully request that you do not post your listing in Engage or our Slack channels, as it detracts from the purpose of the group.
To ensure that dialogue in every Academy Of Internet Marketing remains relevant and engaging for all members, you’re expected to observe 8 simple principles. The admins apply these principles when reviewing content.
- We believe debate and disagreement are constructive, but personal attacks, trolling, and abuse will not be tolerated. The key to a great experience is an engaging and inclusive space where everyone can learn and grow. Be nice!
- We love criticism of products, services, policies, and performance (ESPECIALLY our own). Seriously, we do. For the sake of that constructive debate we just talked about, we will distinguish between useful, focused argument and smear tactics/propaganda against Academy Of Internet Marketing or any other company or product.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues discussed in Academy Of Internet Marketing, but we may remove any posts or comments that others might find offensive or threatening. Not everyone has a thick skin, so please consider the impact your posts and comments can have on others.
- We reserve the right to redirect conversation or remove the ability to comment on posts that become a series of mud-throwing comments based on personal opinions or generalizations. We don’t want to stop you from discussing issues you are passionate about, but we do ask our members to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel alienating, threatening, or toxic to other members.
- Keep it relevant. Conversations in Academy Of Internet Marketing cover a variety of topics, but if you make a post or comment that is super off-target, it might be removed in order to keep discussions on track.
- Academy Of Internet Marketing is not an extension of Academy Of Internet Marketing customer care, but it is a great place for two-way discussion and feedback. Please direct individual customer care issues and product inquiries to email@example.com or 8500622622. This is a group of your peers, not your leads. We take a very strong stance against promotion, lead generation and soliciting. Please do not offer services unless a member is specifically asking for a service. You must offer services on the public thread unless specifically asked to private message. If a member in private message solicits you without establishing a prior relationship, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into the issue.
- The platforms are moderated by Academy Of Internet Marketing, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want every member in AIM to be a welcome space for intelligent discussion and support, and we expect members to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic within the community, please report the post, reach out to the manager, or contact us at email@example.com
THREE STRIKES POLICY
The admins of Academy Of Internet Marketing operate on giving the benefit of doubt. Three warnings for behaviour that goes against the guidelines will result in a 7-day removal from the group.
After the 7-day period, you are welcome to rejoin the group on a 30-day probation. If you act against the guidelines again during your probation, you will be permanently removed.